On the Road Custom Cutting is currently offering the following items:
The type of pig that is usually the centerpiece with an apple in its mouth, these pigs typically weigh in at approximately 30 to 40 pounds hanging weight. About the same size as a large tom turkey, and cook in a very similar manner.
The pigs we think of when we look at the cooking techniques from the south pacific or the caribbean, these pigs weigh approximately 100 to 120 lbs hanging weight, and are the perfect answer to your next (socially distant) gathering of friends and family!
Don’t have a pit large enough to handle something this size? Rental agencies throughout the Twin Cities can provide you with what you need to handle this. Prices range from $40.00 to $80.00 per day, so plan ahead.
Due to USDA regulations, we do not currently offer fully cut-up pigs. We look forward to making this option available a some point in the future.
Our partner farmers DO have animals available for cutting, and we will be happy to assist you in finding a USDA approved cutter near you.
Be aware that a Market weight pig is roughly 200 lbs hanging weight, and will yield roughly the following:
- 20-30 lbs trim (to be made into sausage, etc)
- 4 Shoulder Roasts (Boston Butt, Summer Hams, etc.) approximately 4 lbs each
- 12 “ribeye chops,” 8oz. each
- 18 - 20 “New York Chops,” 6oz. each
- 10 - 12 “Porterhouse Chops,” 12oz. each
- 2 Sirloin Roasts, roughly 2 lbs each
- 2 full hams, 12 lbs each (or more)
- 2 ham hocks
- 2 ham shanks
- 2 slabs pork belly, roughly 5 lbs each
Please contact us with any questions. We’re always happy to help our customers as well as our partner farms.